Caelum Research Corporation is seeking a Release Train Engineer (RTE) for an IAE/SAM task order requirement for Program Assurance and Governance.
The RTE is a hybrid role that properly balances agile leadership and program management to help software development teams build and deliver solutions more efficiently. This position requires individuals who have previously been successful Scrum Masters and/or Agile Coaches on highly distributed teams, have led Agile/Scrum adoption in the past, and have experience in software delivery as well as those who can effectively drive and influence changes.
This is a full-time position working onsite in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline
- SAFe Program Consultant 4 (SPC4) certification (Scaled Agile Framework) as a primary qualification
- Three (3) years enterprise level experience applying SAFe
- The credentials of the RTE must substantiate that he or she is and/or can be:
- Assertive: Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, ability to be a voice of reason and authority, recommend solutions to his/her customers or government leadership, make tough decision calls.
- Must be able to lead a release train and multiple teams to self-organization
- Transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business and IT and grow trust amongst partners
- Collaborative: Ability to partner with others to achieve goals at various levels throughout the organization and lead others to do so by example
- Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to executives
- Conflict resolution: Ability to facilitate discussion at the release train level and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Continual improvement: Must continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Enthusiastic: Must be impassioned and high-energy
- Facilitative: Must be able to lead by example and demonstrate value; add principles to agile release trains
- Servant Leader: Must be able to garner respect from team and stakeholders and be willing to get hands dirty to get the job done
- Situational Awareness: Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- System Thinker: Must be able to analyze the entire software development environment
- U.S. Citizen
- Security Clearance: None
- The Release Train Engineer (RTE) facilitates the Agile Release Train (ART) enterprise processes and program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive program-level continuous improvement. The RTE is responsible for facilitating program events such as Release Planning, Inspect & Adapt, the Scrum of Scrums and the Portfolio leadership meetings.
- The RTE ensures mission execution, leads and facilitates teams through development and delivery, guides the transition to and implementation of SAFe, acts as Agile Product Owner Sync and Scrum of Scrum Master, and is an Agile and SAFe facilitator at the Portfolio, Program, and Team levels (Value level, as applied).
- The RTE facilitates Release, Sprint and Kanban activities, Agile Release Train (ART) execution, and delivery of end-to-end value. The RTE has experience applying the available toolkits for ART enablement, notably since IAE currently uses Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence tools, has experience with such tools.
- The RTE supports the ART and value stream relentless improvement, addresses Lean-Agile, ART and value stream anti-patterns, and applies RTE coaching essentials and servant leadership.
Email resumes to PAG@caelum.com
Caelum offers comprehensive fringe benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(K), holidays, vacation, and sick leaves. Base salary is commensurate with education and experience. A year-end or spot bonus is offered for outstanding performance.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Caelum is an EOE, offering equal opportunity for any qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, religion, sex orientation, or physical handicap. Caelum especially encourages U.S. veteran for application.
To apply for this job email your details to PAG@caelum.com